For casual romance or pure adventure, online dating has long been a trend, at least as long as the existence of the internet. And with online dating, Tinder is apparently the first choice with numerous features, data safety as well as in-app games.
Besides, the option to pick your own Tinder anthem is one of the coolest things you can get with a dating app. Eventually, the platform’s success and rage on the app stores sparked the idea to create apps like Tinder as app development companies entered the competition to best each other.
Apps Like Tinder: Top 15 Tinder Alternatives
Of course, no alternative dating apps like Tinder would’ve the same user-base and following but, there are still those micro-features that very specific, choosy and savvy users tend to look for. These are among the users for whom app development companies put their brains and brawls to create an app like Instagram for instance. And the list may go on to many different secondary options such as apps like Omegle to fire up the dating experience.
For now, let’s round up for the best tinder alternatives and discover what makes them special. Your next best match or perhaps a casual fling may be just a click away so don’t miss the list below!
Discover the Secrets of Dating App Development
Explore the ingredients of building a super successful dating app.
Dating Apps Like Tinder
The list here includes both paid and free dating apps like Tinder so users have a choice to pick as per their likes. But, other than pricing, it’s the features that make these stand apart from one another so make your pick wisely!
List of Tinder Like Apps
- Coffee Meets Bagel
- Plenty of Fish
1. Eharmony – One of the Best Apps like Tinder for Compatible Matches
A large dating platform for singles of all ages looking for casual and long-lasting connections.
For an alternate best dating app like Tinder, eharmony can be an awesome take for those looking for a casual fling. There’re more than 10-million customers whereas the platform itself is quite user-friendly. Share icebreakers if you’re feeling low or simply look into the personality profiles in a safe manner.
The matching algorithm uses a compatibility questionnaire to determine the best casual match. Overall, an amazing alternative to Tinder for more organized and structured users simply looking for decent relations.
When looking for apps like Tinder but free as well as paid options for less, eharmony can be the first best choice.
- Basic account is for free whereas membership starts from $25.90/month.
- Highly compatible matches
- Secure Video Dating
- Painfully lengthy signup process
- No messaging or personal chatting on free plan
2. SilverSingles – Better than Tinder
Where Tinder and other alternatives attract a younger demographic, the name SilverSingles as it suggests is for more mature and meaningful connections that can be either long-term, casual yet decent. The app uses a personality test to find the perfect match based on compatibility and common interests, ensuring you’re connecting with people who share your values and relationship goals.
What’s better than Tinder here is safety and security the platform offers as it’s managed by an expert team with constant support and guidance for each user throughout the process. Although SilverSingles is more for serious and mature minds, there’re more or less 25,000 new users actively using the app for casual relationships.
- Starting is free (for basic account) whereas $28/month for subscription.
- Truly unique matchmaking
- More or less 3-7 matches daily
- No video chatting option
- More expensive than its competitors
3. Match – Smart Matchmaking with a Diverse User Base for Apps Like Tinder but Free
With above 21-million subscribers and gazillion positive reviews, Match is the best Tinder alternative for casual flings or hookups.
During the signup process, users need to respond to in-depth questions about themselves and be very clear as to what they’re looking for. This’ll ensure finding a match with shared opinions and values.
Match’s search function helps in exploring people with particular interests, hobbies, making it easier to find a compatible partner.
As one of the most versatile apps like Tinder, the variety of features like “Match Events” helps to connect users with other singles in person. On the contrary, “Daily Matches” would serve you with the most reliable, compatible-most match once every day.
Overall, if you’re into mobile app development Houston and pondering the idea of alternate apps like Tinder but free with a more personalized touch against a little cost, Match.com could be exactly that.
- Both, free (for basic users) and $17.5/month for subscription
- Larger more diverse user-base
- Great options for LGBTQ + singles
- Limited free plan
- Subscription is non-refundable
4. Zoosk – Interactive Dating App like Tinder with Games and Messaging
Labeled as one of the best apps like Tinder – free with a creative twist, Zoosk takes Tinder’s best features and bends them with a marketing plus, social tinge that makes it an excellent choice for casual flings.
Zoosk’s customer-base is amazingly over 40-million and rising gradually as more and more singles are joining the platform, seeking hookups, long-term relationships, and everything in between.
Its matching algorithm takes a more detailed approach in finding compatible partners, based interests and activities on this Tinder like app. With social media integration, users have more opportunities to share preferred information to find that perfect match. That’s not all, create live streams, send virtual gifts, get involved in virtual speed dating, or, swipe the old Tinder style.
- Free trial period, $8.4/month subscription
- Behavioral matchmaking
- Ethnically diverse, LGBTQ-friendly
- No video chatting
- Less user-friendly
5. Bumble – Your Female-friendly App like Tinder Alternative
Bumble; often coined as a female-friendly version of Tinder because the dating app works in almost the same way. But, it’s just that women here have the most privileges like being the first to send messages within 24 hours of the match, or the connection would disappear.
Bumble’s CEO, who happens to be co-founder and former executive of Tinder; none other than Whitney Wolfe Herd expressed her concern about women being spammed on Tinder and annoying messages. It became the reason for her to leave the dating giant only to start with one of the best apps like Tinder – free.
Perhaps the most amazing feature of Bumble is the 24-hour deadline to undo a mistake like, swiping a wrong profile or remove/edit a message. If that’s not all, the Tinder alternative app also has the “Bumble BFF” and “Bumble Bizz” as services that give single adults a chance to grow their network, simply meet new people without binding yourself in any romantic relationships etc.
- Basic services for free with Bumble Premium being a paid subscription with added perks and features.
- Women makes the first move
- User-friendly interface
- Profiles with more details
- Business networking possibilities
- Inclusive for LGBTQ+ Community
- Limited time to initiate conversations
- Limited user base
- Hasty in-app purchases
Get a Free App Development Consultation
Building a Tinder-like app, make an informed decision
6. OkCupid – Another One of the Many Best Apps like Tinder
OkCupid dates back to almost 2004 where it started free of cost. At that time, the team behind the Tinder app alternative promised the project would always remain free as it was created by dating industry nerds from Harvard University. As a matter of fact, this dating platform has one of the most complex yet highly accurate matching algorithms as compared to any other.
The OkCupid app uses your response against personal dating questions to predict the best-match dating profiles with most compatibility to your values and personality.
- Free account with basic features.
- A-List Basic subscription for $20/month with ad-free browsing and an option to change your username
- A-List Premium for $35/month which unlocks all the platform’s features.
- Incognito mode comes for $15/month which lets users browse profiles without revealing identities.
- In-depth profiles
- Near 100% accurate compatibility algorithm
- Messaging freedom
- Diverse user base
- LGBTQ+ friendly
- Q/A process can be time-consuming
- The many pricing tiers
7. Hinge – The Anti-Tinder App
Hinge adds to the list of other apps like Tinder – free, alternative focuses on quality instead of pooling you in with a gamut of profiles. Most users are willing to engage in serious relationships and this dating app like Tinder delivers just that. It matches your profile with potential users using algorithms, supports communication between users and a chance to share mutual interests, opinions, hobbies and lifestyle.
And though Hinge offers swiping and mutual matching just like Tinder, being more of a relationship app, it also offers detailed profile prompts, photo options, and upgraded Rose feature as an icebreaker.
Creating your profile on Hinge would require a user to submit six photographs along with three prompt responses. Other details that are necessary to provide are age, career, gender, religion, lifestyle habits, as well as desire to have children later on.
- Free version
- Hinge Preferred: Typically ranging between $9.99 to $29.99 per month, depending on the length of the subscription.
- Quality results
- Designed for serious relationships instead of casual flings
- Advanced search filters
- Mutual friends
- Prompt-driven conversations
- Limited user base
- Most of the best features are for paid subscription
- No random discovery
- Lot of effort in profile development
8. Coffee Meets Bagel – Perhaps One of the Best Dating Apps like Tinder
Launched and led by a trio of women, curious about the different approaches both men and women take to dating. Coffee Meets Bagel (CMB) makes the entire experience more efficient, fun, with a higher success ratio of finding perfect matches. Without a doubt, it’s one of the best apps that look like Tinder, with a feminine twist though.
In fact, a campaign that goes by the title #LadiesChoice became viral which was about sending men 21 matches (aka Bagels) in a day. Now, it’s up to the recipients to like or pass on the Bagels. On acceptance, it’s women who are the first to explore their Bagels profiles to proceed.
- Free version with basic profile creation and icebreakers
- Premium pricing typically ranges from $20 to $35 per month
- Curated matches
- Detailed profiles
- Safety, security and user privacy
- Fun and creative icebreakers
- In-App currency
- Limited match options
- Limited user-base
Bonus Read: Learn the secrets of creating a revolutionizing social media app like TikTok to steal the spotlight.
9. Happn – Another App like Tinder
Finding a match through Happn is no less than an adventure. Has it ever happened that you just met an anonymous person with whom you’d like to spend some time! With so many barriers in between such as time, and even hesitation to approach personally, Happn here would serve as a bridge between both matches and the algorithm would find you a partner based on GPS location.
While it adds to the list of apps like Tinder, this particular dating platform would also show you the number of times you’ve encountered someone. So connecting with each other is a lot easier.
- Basic free version
- Premium account from $25 to $90 per month to six-month subscription respectively
- Real-life connections
- Privacy control
- Convenient icebreakers
- Limited matches
- Best features are paid
- More data usage and battery life
- Limited interaction
- Niche appeal
10. Raya – Best for Social Media Influencers as Tinder Alternatives
For those in the creative industry and seeking relationships with like-minded partners, Raya is the Tinder-like alternative app for you. All you need to do is fill out the application form, have your details verified which can be a little bit tricky as it can take anywhere from two days to even months and years. To steer clear from this phase, list references already using the app and it’s likely to happen faster.
- No free version
- Monthly subscription for $20
- Good for dating and networking
- Users are carefully vetted
- You can connect globally
- Matches expire in 10 days
- Limited profiles are shown per day
11. Plenty of Fish – Best App like Tinder to Spark Conversations
Launched in 2003, Plenty of Fish has the greatest number of users for being one of the best Tinder like websites and an app but, there’s a catch. Not that you can’t find the perfect match, it’s the bots and scams that can be a barrier between you and your would-be love. Still, PoF has a lot to offer for an Android app development services provider with the basics.
- Free version
- $25/month for premium users
- User-base and matches are far greater
Tinder is awesome but, don’t limit yourself to just one great dating app! Options for apps like Tinder are far greater with each offering something unique to users. Why wait? Find yourself a perfect partner and paint the town red.
12. Badoo – Best Alternative to Tinder
Badoo is another addition to the list of top dating apps like Tinder with the only exception that it evolved into an app from a website. From a typical user’s perspective, the app is quite standard and works much like Tinder with swiping features to find a match.
You’ll find the facts quite interesting as the app was launched way back in 2006 by Andrey Andreev; a Russian entrepreneur who happens to be the founder/creator of Bumble, a much cherished alternative to Tinder. Badoo’s user base and market share is mostly in South America and Europe as the reason to launch Bumble was the inability of Badoo to expand beyond the U.S.
In 2022, the app’s overall revenue was recorded to be nearly $210 million. Which means if you’re a mobile app development company, this is definitely going to churn up some serious revenue.
- Free apps like Tinder version with basic features
- Premium membership for a month is $12.99, $31.99 for 3 months, $47.99 for 6 months and $79.99 for a lifetime subscription
- 1-week membership for $3.99, or simply pay $0.79 for a day
- Photo verification to safeguard user’s privacy and security
- Nearby members are easy to find
- Simple and user friendly interface
- Some of the best features are available only for premium members
Founded in 2014 as an alternate app like Tinder, Tantan promotes casual dating and became a trend maker being rare to originate in the East. The dating platform’s algorithm finds perfect matches based on mutual interest and likes for each other’s profiles.
For a dating app like Tinder, Tantan’s net revenue in 2022 surpassed $200 million from its nearly 2 million paying users. Tantan is one of the best dating apps like Tinder in China.
- Basic features are available for free
- VIP membership $1.89 USD for a month, $4.32 for 3 months and $14.16 USD for a year
- Enough free swipes
- Profiles are genuine
- Automatic Location feature
- Profile verification is glitch-free and avoids spam
- Fewer matches in rural areas
- Not a single Super like for free
Pairs is a Japanese dating app, having more than 10 million active users. Launched in 2012 as a Tinder-like dating app, it served to remove social barriers, becoming a rare dating app in East Asian countries. As per Statista, Pairs managed to generate $100 million revenue being a leading Japanese dating app.
- Basic features are free (only for female users)
- Premium subscription for male users for 3,480 JPY per month via in-app coin purchase.
- Roulette-style matchmaking option
- 100% accurate account and profile verification
- More female users
- Only Japanese-language version available of the dating site and app are only accessible
- Small user base for the U.S
- Only available in 40 countries
Also – Just in-case you happen to be in the iOS app development business, might as well discover building an amazing ride-hailing app like Uber and rule the roads.
Like Badoo, Tagged also launched as a web-based platform in 2004 for the purpose of friendship and dating. The mobile app version was released in 2012 and served as an amazing alternate app like Tinder. Number of users is now above 300 million.
- Basic features for free
- Subscription is for $10 per month
- Swift registration process
- Most of the matches are beyond geographical boundaries
- No age restriction
Start Building Your Dating App Today
Let’s build you the next amazing app like Tinder for dating extravaganza.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What are dating apps like Tinder, and how do they work?
Apps like Tinder are mobile dating applications that allow users to create profiles, swipe through potential matches, and communicate with those they’re interested in. Users can typically set their preferences, view profiles, and initiate conversations.
Are there any dating apps similar to Tinder that are specifically for LGBTQ+ individuals?
Yes, there are LGBTQ+-focused dating apps such as Grindr, HER, and OkCupid, which cater to the specific needs and preferences of the LGBTQ+ community.
Do alternatives to Tinder have a similar swiping feature for matching with potential partners?
Many Tinder-like apps use a swiping mechanism for matching, but the specific features and algorithms can vary. Some apps offer unique twists on the swiping concept to stand out.
What are some unique features that distinguish Tinder-like apps from each other?
Differences can include features like video profiles, personality quizzes, or niche-specific matching. Each app may have its own unique selling points to attract users.
Are there any free dating apps like Tinder, or do most of them require a subscription?
Many dating apps offer free versions, they often have premium or subscription-based features. There are however free dating apps like Bumble and OkCupid that provide substantial functionality without a paid subscription.
How can I ensure safety while using apps like Tinder?
To stay safe, always meet in public places, inform a friend or family member of your plans, and be cautious about sharing personal information. Use the in-app reporting and blocking features if you encounter any issues.
Can I use these apps to make friends, or are they exclusively for dating and relationships?
Some apps like Bumble offer modes for finding friends or professional connections in addition to dating. Users can choose the type of connection they are seeking.
What’s the best way to create an attractive profile on these apps for better matches?
To create an appealing profile, use high-quality photos, write a genuine bio, and highlight your interests and personality. Honesty is key to attracting compatible matches.
What’s better than Tinder for people looking for serious, long-term relationships?
Yes, there are apps like eHarmony and Hinge that are designed to facilitate long-term, serious relationships. These apps often use more detailed matchmaking algorithms.
What are some popular Tinder alternatives for niche dating, such as religious or professional preferences?
There are niche-specific dating apps like JDate (for Jewish singles), Christian Mingle (for Christians), and The League (for professionals) that cater to specific preferences and demographics.